Leading a Class With Eyes Wide Shut?

Students many times at the beginning of a class ask what style of Yoga we will practice.  My most sincere answer would be "improvisational" based on what I see as everyone's abilities and needs for that practice in the moment!  Although many time to not overly complicate introductions I will say a blend of Vinyasa and Yin Yoga without a "planned sequence".  
Now if I were to tell new students I also.occassionally get very experimental and lead an entire class with the Eyes Closed!! ?Why?? Well it has a method of working for me... I use this for very simple seated mat practices more restorative yoga style and I listen carefully to each student's breath as we transition between asanas or when holding a posture for some minutes to know when they are ready for the counter pose.  Truly speaking nobody ever suggested this to me but it has had very successful outcomes for example a wife brought her husband for his very first yoga class with me and by the end of class he stated clearly he hadn't felt so good in many years and that was he decided to continue by whatever means a.daily yoga practice!!  So in summary Yoga is about awareness this can be by sight, sound or intuition an.adept.teacher will use all the resources possible to assure.their students of a rewarding Yoga Journey and hopefully inspire everyone to repeat the experience as often as possible!   πŸ€—πŸ™πŸ»πŸ§˜‍♂️ Namaste, Michael Sands 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love YouTube :-) A few Positive Ideas About Social Media

Activating Chakras with Techno Music :-)