Techno Yoga? What? Why? How?

For me taking Techno Yoga "Streaming Online" with BurnAlong (see.... Link BurnAlong) has been a big step in opening up to the public a "Self-practice" routine I developed during COVID!!  As there were no discos or sunset beach terraces to enjoy to move with the πŸŽΆπŸŽ§πŸ”ŠmusicπŸ₯Ί... A home remedyπŸ™Œ was required!!  As luck would have it my roommate during this time was a DJ (and still is!! ;-). 
So it didn't take long to just start dancing and then start exploring and expiramenting how the music "felt" in various Yoga Postures (asanas).  I found that more "grounded" postures with 3 or 4 points of support were great to really enjoy a whole track whilst of course closing the eyes and still maintaining awareness of breath! 
 The other series of asanas that I found really enjoyable with music were inversions but again with a forearm and head or palms and head to at least have a nice triangle base for support!! 
I believe any music can be enjoyed this way with Yoga if it is a style that uplifts the heart & soul!! The only other requisite I believe is a minimum of lyrics as one has to decide if you wish to guide yourself with the changes and layers of the sounds or if you prefer a "verbal refrain" to be your mind's focus! 
...... So this is a very brief explanation as to how I have "United Music & Yoga" for myself and now have the idea of sharing πŸ€— this premise as an Improvisational Creative Yoga Sequence!
I also with due respect note that there is a beautiful studio in Berlin, Germany doing very large format classes that look nice too!  You can see them on Instagram
@technoyoga.official

And of course my YT channel & Instagram if you are curious! πŸ˜‰πŸ§˜‍♂️πŸŒ…πŸŒ΄

Instagram   @happysunriseyoga

YouTube.  @michaelsandsyoga7809

In my previous blogspot entry I mentioned my musical "inspiration" in a bit more depth...here it is again in case you still with a reading appetite!! πŸ€—
Michael Sands Muisc Share ....
Over 20 years ago in Los Angeles before discovering Yoga & Meditation my ritual was to dance to Techno or New Wave Goth whist the soundwaves carried my wandering thoughts to a structured guide of notes that helped me achieve a calm mind. 
I strongly believe both music and dancing are powerful ways to lift the psyche and can be enjoyed whilst directing oneself to a wholesome mental journey!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love YouTube :-) A few Positive Ideas About Social Media

Activating Chakras with Techno Music :-)